Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Moose X-ING


Due to this mornings weather I decided to take the kids to school so we wouldn't have to wait for the bus in the drizzle. When I returned home I noticed this BIG visitor down in the front yard. We get lots of wildlife roaming through our property, but no moose since this spring (will post some pics of the little moose from this spring soon).

He stayed for a while and let me get relatively close, but then he decided he had had enough of me and headed back where he came from. I was glad he decided to go that way instead of my way because I had slowly worked my way quite close to him and I was in the wide open with no safety within a hundred feet if he had decided to come at me, and as it is getting deeper into Fall and closer to their Rut Season you never know how the bulls will react. But close is worth it, gives you an adrenaline rush to get up close to these monsters!

And as he started to "get away from me" I started to rush towards him to get a few more shots which actually made him start to run off, and then he crashed into the woods and was gone...

Cool way to start the day!! :)

No comments: