Wednesday, March 07, 2007

PLaying With Actions

I love Black and White versions of images, both portraits and landscapes. Yesterday we had a high temp of -2F with windchills at negative-30 or less at my house so I happily spent the day inside, feeding the fire and playing with post proccessing actions. I usually convert my images to a "traditional" black and white but then really turn up the contrast to make them a little more 'edgy', but I decided to try some other variations and here is what I came up with:
(be sure to click on the images to enlarge them)

This one is the original, straight out of the camera (just camera pre-sets)












This is a "modern antique", it is almost b&w but there is some color left behind. This isn't the best image to showcase the action, but I think it's cool still

















This one is "b&w mocha", kind of washes out the highlights a bit much but I still like it

















This is called "chocolate syrup", mmmmmm yummy! This action is growing on me

















This is "split tone" it is a cross between b&w and a sepia tone. I am really starting to like this action. It is what I used on my profile pic

















And last but certainly not least is this edgy b&w that I applied a LOT of grain to. I love grainy b&w's!!

















So there are some different variations of the same image using some pretty cool actions on it :)

1 comment:

Sweeti said...

Hi ya Brent Congrats on the new camera **With Envy** :)

I'm really liking the split tone too and the Chocolate syrup also. what a scrumptious name for a variation.

Isn't it amazing what you can do with images now and really fun too.

I hope I'll get a new camera someday, But good lord are they expensive.