Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Shooting Moose...can be a challenge



7:15 a.m. this morning: Jack and Emi head out the door to go catch the school bus and one of the dogs starts barking like mad part-way down the drive, so I step out to see what he sees and it was this big bull moose. Back into the house I run, grab the 5D with 70/200 and go after him. Of course by now all the commotion in the front yard has driven him into the woods, so I give chase. Unfortunately he knew I was behind him and he just kept going deeper into the woods, stopping for a moment to look back at me was just what I needed to get this shot. The dense brush and bushes between us made it extremely tough for my camera to lock focus on him so I was only able to get one halfway decent shot of him. Hard to tell in this picture but his antlers have started to "bud" and it won't be long before he has a huge set. I think he is the one we see now and then and that I posted pictures of on here a couple years ago (just click the 'September 2006' link over on the right side list of archives if you want to see).

No comments: