Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kara & Shamit: Portland, Maine E-Session

A couple of weekends ago (yes, I am once again falling behind on my blogging) I met up with Kara and Shamit for their E-Session while they were up from New York.



We began our journey of Portland in the Old Port, stopping to use this doorway on Exchange Street


Being Sunday morning, it seemed as though we had the city pretty much to ourselves




Since it was past 5:00 a.m. we figured it was safe to loiter here




The next several are all using one of my favorite buildings downtown. One building...so many possibilities.

Sometimes sessions are like shooting with models :)
This is on of my favorites from the day


Wouldn't be a 'Brent Deming Photography Signature Engagement Session' without a little of this ;)




Another of my favorites from the day




Sat them on the stairs, stood back and gave them a minute to just be themselves... and got this great moment :)




Playing around on Moulton Street


Then we made our way to the Marina and enjoyed the cool ocean breeze for a bit








We walked down to the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad in hopes of maybe catching a ride but when we got there it was just leaving the station






:)


We had a fun morning wandering around Portland together. Kara and Shamit did a GREAT job! Their wedding is just around the corner, September 4th in Boothbay...I can't wait!!

9 comments:

Sweeti said...

Nice work Brent! I like the model like poses too. I enjoy watching people pose themselves to a certain extent also.

Shveta said...

Cool pics! You guys look great!

Anonymous said...

These photos are absolutely beautiful.

surrealswirls said...

My favorite is the black and white one where they're kissing on the steps. It looks very natural and intimate, as if the camera doesn't exist. -Livie

Whitney said...

I love the assortment of black and white photographs. The rustic Maine scenery paired well w/Kara and Shamit's refined beauty.

Unknown said...

I love the ones of them on the steps!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing set of photos I cant even pic a favorite. The ones in the woods, by the water, the engagement photos... Some literally took my breath away. What great work! A great photographer catches those special moments in time and Brent did this time and time again. Awesome!!!
thanks for the oppurtunity to see this beautiful day again. Noelle

Pete & Karen said...

We really enjoyed all of the photos. They were very well done.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting the pictures of Kara and Shamit's wedding. I felt as if I was actually there celebrating with them!