Thursday, February 15, 2007

California Dreamin'





THIS...
(Today, the day after the "Valentines Blizzard of '07" as seen from my breezeway)
Or This...


Santa Catalina Island as seen from Laguna Beach, CA

Ahhhhhhhh, Sunny Southern Cali....this time last year I was in Laguna Beach. This year I am two feet deep in fresh new powder...but not skiing, no no. Snowblowing. ugh. Quite a storm...I would rather be in Laguna (sigh). Being a skier you would think I would be excited. I am, sort of. I do like snow and have always loved big storms. But I have Southern Cali in my blood now and winters just don't seem the same (sigh again). Well here in the Western Mountains we definately had blizzard conditions, with white out conditions all through the overnight. The winds are really strong today as well with gusts upwards of 50 mph which really makes snoblowing a drag. The snow blows in the face, can't see, not to mention the wind chill factor.

I am expecting new gear, a new camera and lens. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday by UPS but they failed to show. I went out in the storm every two hours yesterday and snowblowed my drive and yard just so the UPS guy could get up to my house (I have a drive that is an easy 300 feet long with the first 100 or so uphill). No small task. And he never shows!! I have been tracking the new gear online and UPS stated that I, "WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO SIGN FOR DELIVERY OF PACKAGE". That irritated me a bit to say the least, after I made sure I was home all day and even kept this huge driveway and yard cleared of snow during the storm so he could deliver. He just failed to show and then put it in the system that it was my fault. Oh well, let's hope he arrives today as I am very anxious for my new gear!! :) I'm like a kid on Christmas morning when it comes to new photo gear arriving!!

No comments: